Friday, July 22, 2011

First post on my first blog

This all started a little over a year ago.  I was the Chair of the Department of Design at the University of Central Oklahoma.  I had held this position for the previous five years.  My term was coming to a close, and I was thinking about all the things I wanted to do with all the spare time I thought I would have.  I created a list, sort of a bucket list, of all the things I wanted to do after my Chair duties were over.  The number one spot on my list was to resume painting.  I have always painted, and I started a new series of paintings just before taking the Chair position.  The administrative duties combined with my normal teaching load did not allow for any time for the studio or much else.  The number two spot was to build an acoustic steel string guitar.  Both of these top two goals have begun with some success.  This blog is devoted to recording the ongoing efforts on goal number two -- building my first guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment