Saturday, July 23, 2011

Intro cont. . . .

Well, on with my "autoblogography." I guess the dream of building a guitar took its first breath and became a reality when I first told family and friends. The first person I told was my wife. Her reaction was supportive but less than enthusiastic. Something like "Sure hun, whatever." I then told my children. They were equally supportive. My son however, seemed genuinely interested. Maybe it's a guy thing, I don't know but he fanned the flame and has kept it going with gifts of necessary tools for all holidays and birthdays. He has wisely told me he would like to have the "second" guitar I make. The first is still under construction and I am already planning the wood, style and look of the second for him. After my immediate family I cautiously started telling a few more friends and relatives. One of the first was my niece and her husband Vici and Matt Heitzke. We shared a love of Mexican food and one local restaurant where we met each week for enchiladas and great family conversation. Again, Vici's response was less than enthusiastic and maybe a little more like "are you crazy and why." Matthew on the other hand was a little intrigued. Matt is a master woodworker/craftsman and he also played the guitar. I asked him if he had ever thought about building a guitar. His response was yes, and then I regained my sanity. He did say if I was really serious he would help and that I could use his shop. That was all I needed, I was in! My instrument is about half finished at this point and I can honestly say I would have never been able to get this far without his help and advice. THANKS MATT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment